Friday 9 March 2012

LIVE LAUGH LOVE



...hello everyone...I hope the week has blessed you with much love and laughter...

...today I'm sharing with you a plaque I've made for my friend Sally's birthday...


...a while ago my dad gave me some wooden slats, which I believe were from a bed base..this plaque is larger than the last one i made (see WOYWW 142 post)..the slats are 3ft wide so I have many size choices...


...the colours I chose for this piece are pale Duck Egg Blue & a soft Chalk White...I think they work well with the brightness of the Red Heart...




...the key when working with wood is to get a lovely smooth finish which means plenty of sanding between coats with a fine grade sanding paper...


...to bring the blue to the surface just rub a tad harder in the areas where you lke it to show through...this gorgeous heart felt sign is very easy to make...give it a go you really can't go wrong...


...thankyou for stopping by today...
XXX










9 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! Lucky Sally!
    Have a great weekend Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do so LoVe your signs ... very much to my taste and I have a few along similar lines dotted around the house BUT they were all purchased from very expensive "New England" type shops! Can't wait to see what you make next. Love Debbie xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Mel - this is flipping fabulous! Keep 'em coming! Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning work Mel, Love your signs you are so creative, I know Sally will love her gift, Fabulous! Have a good weekend, Hugs May x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an unusual and thoughtful pressy Yorkshire Fox. I would be well pleased to receive a gift like that for my birthday! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello my darling a little gift awaits you on my blog, Big Hugs May x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The plaque is wonderful... I have one with the same motto hubby and I purchased years ago in Vermont (so, reminding me of such an amazing trip together, its meaning is even deeper to me). You really did a nice job on it. Love the tag with corrugated cardboard too. You've inspired me to create my version of it!:)
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a wonderful plaque - who would not love this!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete

...thank you so much for taking the time to drop by my blog...Mel :)